Here at 5000fish, we receive frequent inquires about whether Yurbi can integrate with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. ERP systems are most often a suite of integrated business applications that store and manage data, therefore it’s logical that companies desire reporting software that integrates with their ERP.
The short answer to whether Yurbi can integrate with an ERP system is “yes,” and Yurbi’s ERP integrations are actually incredibly beneficial. Our integration requests are for some of the larger ERP’s, such as SAP or Microsoft Dynamics, but also include lesser-known systems or homegrown/in-house built ERP systems. Most of the companies that ask us about ERP integrations are either using a SQL code heavy reporting solution, such as Crystal Reports, or just the ERP out of the box reports, and are searching for a business intelligence (BI) solution that is easier to use.
If you are searching for BI solution that is business-user friendly to integrate with your company’s ERP system, check out the four biggest benefits of using Yurbi with your ERP system.
- Easier access to data. Typically when a company is searching for a BI solution to integrate with it ERP system, the company is looking for an easier way to query and read the data stored within the ERP database. While most ERP systems leverage traditional database technology, such as Microsoft SQL or Oracle, we come across many ERP systems that are employing older technology such as AS400 or IBM DB2. Some BI solutions have trouble connecting with older ERP database technology, however Yurbi is able to connect to ERP systems at the database level via ODBC, and easily integrate with older or in-house ERP database technology (even those with proprietary ODBC drivers).
- Dashboard and reporting capabilities. Customers really value Yurbi when they have a manual reporting process in place (e.g. someone in the company creating Excel reports) because Yurbi introduces a new level of reporting to ERP system data with dashboards that can display real-time custom metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Dashboards allow companies to easily analyze data and identify potential gaps or opportunities within the business.
Click here to see an online demo of Yurbi
- Data security. As companies endeavor to operate with transparency and share data with stakeholders, shareholders, vendors and customers, data and report security becomes increasingly important. Yurbi boasts multi-level security, which means that reports and data shared internally and externally from the ERP system’s database will remain secure.
- Alerts and notifications. While many ERP’s have alerts and notifications built in, these notification capabilities are often limited to those who have access to an ERP user license. Because Yurbi directly accesses the data within the ERP database, Yurbi’s alert and notification scheduler can send alerts to a broader audience beyond the limited few who have the ERP license. Users can set up alerts for a variety of scenarios, such as low inventory, overdue helpdesk ticket times, or overdue invoices. The alerts and notifications features within Yurbi are especially helpful for companies that have a homegrown/in-house built or older systems that do not have any notification features.
- Access data on the go. Many older or homegrown ERP systems do not provide access to data via web browsers or tablets and smartphones. With Yurbi, users can access ERP data remotely so that they are not tied to their desktop in order to make decisions.
- Migration to new ERP system. In many cases companies are migrating to a new ERP system and don’t want to incur the cost of migrating all the data from the old system into the new. With Yurbi you can discontinue the licensing of the old ERP system but continue to have access to all that data via Yurbi. As mentiond above, Yurbi integrates at the database level, there is no need for the ERP application to be running in order to leverage Yurbi. Plus, with Yurbi’s embedding features you can integrate old data via links or embedded objects within the new ERP system.
The Bottom Line
ERP systems contain extremely powerful data about every aspect of a business. Yurbi enables companies to unlock the data within the ERP database and analyze it. When companies are able to analyze their data, they can optimize business processes, easily identify issues within the business, and identify opportunities increase efficiency or revenue.
Are you searching for a new reporting solution to integrate with your ERP system or have questions about Yurbi’s ERP integration capabilities? Contact us!
Click here to see an online demo of Yurbi